Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lemon-Caper Chicken, Potato & Asparagus Skillet

If you haven't noticed yet - I appear to be cooking my way through the Inspired Magazine recipes. Simply because they are timely and delicious! And it doesn't hurt that I now feel part of their team through sharing these recipes back to them on twitter (@InspiredRecipes - Inspired Magazine; @CourtneyLarkin - me).

I was intrigued to try this recipe because I am big fan of lemon potatoes and have enjoyed capers in the past. Prior to trying this recipe I had only ever had capers on smoked salmon, on top of cream cheese on a baguette - but I knew I liked it then so I thought I may like it just as much (if not more) in this dish. The only thing I knew I would not like is the asparagus (I simply do not like it) but luckily Steve does and so I knew I could push mine over to his plate and enjoy more of the lemon potatoes.

The recipe was very easy to make - the only adjustments to the recipe that we made was to use boneless, skinless chicken breast (instead of bone in chicken thighs) and cut the pieces of chicken into smaller bite size chunks (about the same size as the potatoes).

I was very impressed by how much of an impact the lemon zest had the the dish. Now that I know how important it is to a recipe and how much flavor it can add I am going to try to seek out similar recipes to try.

I would definitely try this recipe again and encourage you to consider adding it to your recipe book as well! Click here for the complete list of ingredients and recipe.

Bon appetite and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment