Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Little Sweet - A Little Sour

On Thursday we decided to use our slow cooker to save us some time for an end-of-the-week meal. We chose to make a recipe from the Kraft Foods website - Slow-Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken.

Our schedules this week worked out so that Steve was able to prepare the ingredients for the meal and put them in the slow-cooker around lunch time, and when I came home from work I was able to complete the final few steps.

Overall the recipe was easy to follow and allowed us to bring in a new taste from our usual dishes - pineapple. I am not a big pineapple fan (I don't like to eat the chunks of pineapple), but I did enjoy the added flavour of the pineapple juice. I would suggest this recipe to anyone with a slow cooker that wants to make an easy sweet and sour dish.

NOTE - this recipe should yield a few servings of leftovers if you are cooking for 2 people (one less meal you'll have to cook later in the week).

Bon appetit and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment