Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chicken with White Wine Parmesan Cream Sauce

Sorry for the lack of posts and new recipes within the last few day. I have been feeling under the weather but am starting to come around and let's face it - the blog must go on!

On Sunday night Steve and I sat down and created a list of recipes we wanted to try this week, all of which are tasty and only one is a repeat that we have already made (we will be trying our hand at 3 cheese ravioli later this week).

On Monday night Steve and I made chicken with white wine parmesan cream sauce. This recipe is from the Cook with Campbells website - I was inspired to go there from a commercial on TV over the weekend. The recipe was very simple and required a few ingredients, many of which I already had in my freezer (I usually just buy chicken if it is on sale) and pantry (I stock up on pasta when it also goes on sale), and wine (which is always in stock at my home!). The result of this recipe was a very tasty dish! Steve and I really enjoyed the subtle hint of wine in the sauce and how the parmesan/thyme/cream of chicken soup combined well together. We both agreed that we would make this again, hopefully some time in the next month. I encourage you to try this recipe.

Here are the ingredients that you will need:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 can Cambell's condensed low fat cream of chicken sauce
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 2 cups hot cooked pasta (I choose penne)

Here is how you will bring it all together:
  • Cook chicken in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Remove chicken and keep warm.
  • Combine soup, wine, cheese, thyme and garlic in same skillet. Heat to a boil, stirring ofter (the parmesan may start to melt onto the bottom of the skillet if you are not stirring frequently). Reduce heat to low.
  • Cover and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to pan and heat through. Serve sauce over chicken and pasta.
TIP - substitute 1/3 cup apple juice, instead of the wine, if you prefer


Bon appetit & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment