Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Almond Crusted Chicken with Oven Roasted Potatoes

Happy Valentines Day!

Steve and I had already made our fancy Valentines dinner on Saturday, but we still wanted to make a nice dinner for tonight, so we decided on Almond Crusted Chicken with Oven Roasted Potatoes.

I found both of these recipes on the Merck website (a long story as to how I found recipes on that site...). Anyways I found a bunch of great recipes that looked tasty and would be easy to make so I have committed to making a few in the upcoming days and weeks.

To start this meal you begin with the Oven Roasted Potatoes. This recipe is really easy, the only factor that may be difficult for some people is that the potatoes need to be in the oven for 45 minutes (not a quick meal idea). And for me it is difficult to cut uncooked potatoes (I almost cut each of my hands off several times through this process). The potatoes turned out perfectly, and the parsley on them really helps to compliment the flavors of the almonds and thyme in the chicken.


The chicken was very simple to make and really seems like just an extension of the classic 'shake-n-bake' concept.

Overall this meal was really easy to make (I even did it while on a conference call!). I will keep a copy of both recipes close by and will most likely work to incorporate them into another meal soon.

Please click the links below for the recipes:
Almond Crusted Chicken

Bon appetit and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment