Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breakfast for the Birds

 The recipe that I posted for the Maple Toast & Eggs dish required me to cut off the crusts of the bread we used. Steve and I decided that we didn't want to just toss those crusts away, so we decided to go to the Hemlock Ravine (basically our backyard).

To get to the Hemlock Ravine you can go along the Bedford Highway until you get to Kent Street, head up there and you'll find a gravel parking lot off to the left (down a hill). Once you park your car you will come up to a beautiful heart-shaped pond. If you are interested in learning more about the heart-shaped pond click here (it has a really interesting story).

We took the bread crusts (and camera) and went to feed the ducks that live at Julie's Pond at Hemlock Ravine.

The pictures that I have included in this post were taken with my Canon t2i and have been touched up using iPhoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment