Monday, April 8, 2013

Cheese Snacks


For Easter this year I decided to put out a light snack as our guests arrived - something to nibble on while they watched golf!

A few weeks back while I was grocery shopping I noticed a small 'All You Need is Cheese' magazine on a stand in the dairy section. I took a quick read through the magazine at the time and thought that I may be interested in putting together a few of these snacks for a future gathering - and it worked out that Easter was the perfect time!

I decided to use two of the recipes from the magazine (also listed online):
  1. Stacked Veggies & Havarti
  2. Roasted Bell Pepper Bruschetta with Jalapeno Havarti
I used Foxhill Cheese for both of the recipes, and chose to use Foxhill's jalapeno Gouda in place of the jalapeno Havarti for the second recipe.

These were simple, tasty and crowd pleasing treats to have before Easter dinner this year - everyone loved them!

Give them a try next time you need a quick snack to serve.

Bon appetite & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment