Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Curried Pork & Cheddar Hot Dogs


As I mentioned in a post earlier this week, Steve and I tried a few recipes from the 'All You Need is Cheese' recipe magazine. We really enjoyed the Mozzarella Pasta with Chicken, Alfredo -Style, so we were encouraged to keep on our quest for trying new cheese infused recipes. The next recipe that we decided to try was the Curried Pork & Cheddar Hot Dogs.

My friends, family and co-workers will know that I love hot dogs - just plain old simple hot dogs - for some strange reason they are a great comfort food for me and I just love them (in New English style hot dog buns and lots of ketchup!) The only thing better is a Fenway Frank or two!

So to say the least - I was really eager to try this recipe simply because it was referred to as a hot dog. But other than the simple name familiarity, I was eager to try to recipe because it involved pork and curry - two other things I really enjoy. I was working some very long hours over the last week - so Steve was the lead chef in our house and took the lead in making this recipe (I did nothing for this one).

For the complete list of ingredients and the recipe please visit the 'All You Need is Cheese' website.

Steve shared with me that this recipe was very easy to make. The only adjustment that he made to the recipe was that he left out the raisins - as neither one of us case much for those. We also chose to have different 'toppings' than the lettuce and tomato that the recipe suggested. Steve also decided to make some in the shape of hot dogs and some in the shape of hamburgers - allowing for us to simply use all of the remaining buns that we had in the house.

This recipe got that thumbs up from both Steve and I. The flavour of the 'hot dogs' were a nice variation from the traditional hot dog and/or hamburger. We will definitely be making this recipe again!

Bon appetit & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment