Friday, April 27, 2012

Pineapple Pork Chops

 I love pork chops! And I always like to find new recipes for them, which lead me to finding the pineapple pork chop recipe and trying it. Although I love pork chops, I am not a big fan of the texture of pineapples but do like the flavour (so needless to say, I pass along the actual pieces of pineapple to Steve's plate - and to my Dad who also received a gift Tupperware package of this delectable dish).


I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and only made a few slight adjustments. The quantities that I used are listed below:

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 boneless pork chops (each portion was very large and was able to feed 3 adults!)
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 can of pineapple juice with pieces (place the pineapple pieces on the pork chops when the recipe is complete)

And here is how we brought it all together:
  1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and brown the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chops from the skillet, and set aside.
  2. Mix the chicken broth, soy sauce and vinegar into the frying pan, and bring to a boil. Return the pork chops to the skillet, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove chops from the frying pan, reserving broth mixture, and set aside.
  3. In a bowl, blend the brown sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple juice. Mix into the frying pan with the chicken broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Serve with the cooked pork chops.
This recipe was easy to follow and did not take too long to make. The only obstacle I faced was that the pork chops that I was using were strangely large and therefore took longer to cook throughout. I also chose to place the pineapple pieces over the cooked pork chops and sauce - both Steve and my Dad liked that part!

I would recommend that you try this recipe if you are a pork chop and pineapple fan - or if you want to alter the recipe you could easily switch out the pork chops for chicken.

Bon appetit and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment