Monday, March 26, 2012

Baked Dijon Salmon

I am going to be going on a blog hiatus for a little while. I am going to Vancouver from March 28 - April 5 and regrettably there will not be a kitchen (or time) for me to cook, take pictures and blog. So for the last two days before I go away, Steve and I decided to make two of our favorite dishes: Baked Dijon Salmon (we have made this many times before, but have never posted it) and Pulled Pork Sandwiches (those will be made tomorrow night).

The Baked Dijon Salmon recipe is so easy to make and is very delicious! I originally found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and then I altered it slightly based on what I had in my cupboards.

Here are the ingredients you need for this recipe:
  • 1/8 cup butter, melted
  • 3 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
  • 1/8 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/8 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 2 tablespoons parsley (I use freeze dried)
  • 2 salmon fillets
  • Sat and pepper to taste
  • 1 lemon for garnish (or sometime I like to just squirt some lemon juice - from the bottle - onto mine for extra taste)
And here is how you bring it all together:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C
  2. In a small bowl, stir together butter and honey mustard. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans and parsley.
  3. Brush each salmon fillet lightly with the butter-honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on the tops of the fillets.
  4. Bake salmon 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
This is one of the simplest recipes I have ever made and one of the most enjoyable. I highly recommend this, not only as a delicious salmon recipe, but as a general great recipe.

Bon appetit & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment