Monday, March 25, 2013

Cranberry Pound Cake


My Dad LOVES cranberries!

So naturally when he came across a Cranberry Pound Cake recipe in his monthly Downhome magazine he passed it along to me and asked me to make it 'when I had some time' aka make this now!

The first time that I made this recipe was around Christmas time, as a 'surprise' for my Dad on Christmas Day. The recipe was very easy to follow and left everyone who was able to enjoy it with smiling faces (the best part of any creation is seeing people enjoy it!). However, the one thing that the recipe did not inform me of is that it could actually make enough batter to fill two bread pans - something I had a learn the hard way (I stepped away from the oven as it was baking and the loaf began to overflow into the bottom of my oven..).

The second time that I made this recipe was in February just after Valentines Day (soon after I had another call from my Dad informing me that he and his friend enjoyed it so much that they wanted more 'when I had some time' aka make this now!). This time I tried to see just how much the loaf would rise on its own - this lead me to make two loaves that were slightly uneven. Next time I will simply just split the batter in half and make good medium size loaves.

If you know someone who really enjoys cranberries in baked goods then I urge you to try this recipe - it is simple to make and delicious to eat!

Bon appetite & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment