The recipe, Turkey Breast Stuffed with Curry and Gouda, peeked our interest because neither one of us had ever prepared a turkey breast - only chicken breasts. But we were up for the challenge - especially because the recipe included curry and gouda - two things we both love!
I enjoy flipping through the 'All You Need is Cheese' magazine and then looking at the recipes online because of the helpful videos and for the nutritional information breakdown. Now that Steve and I are almost one year into the blog and have really developed a deep passion for cooking - we both appreciate any helpful hints and tips we can pick up along the way!
The recipe itself was not too difficult. We were both surprised at how large one turkey breast was!It fed us for days! And the only change that we made to the recipe was that we did not make the cranberry sauce - simply because we are not big cranberry fans. I was however, slightly disappointed that the end product was not juicer, it was actually quite dry - but there was lots of flavour!
Here are all of the ingredients that you will need for this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a skillet, melt butter on medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic and diced apple for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add curry powder and bread cubes, and season. Mix well and let cool.
- Cut turkey breast in half through its thickness (without cutting through all the way, so as to be able to open it up like a book).
- Add Gouda to cooled apple and curry mixture.
- Spread bottom half of turkey breast with mixture, then close up the two halves and hold in place with toothpicks.
- Place in an oven-safe dish, brush top with melted butter, season and bake in oven for 15–20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and cook for 1 more hour.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and cook cranberries for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook another 2 minutes, then deglaze with red wine and reduce by half.
- Add broth and leave cranberries on heat 7–10 minutes until cooked and the broth thickens. Season and serve with the stuffed turkey.