Steve found the recipe on the Kraft Foods / Kraft Canada website. When Steve first looked over the recipe he thought that we would not need to adjust it at all, but when I took a look at it I suggested we swap out the spinach for broccoli (I am not a big spinach fan). And I was happy to see that even the website recommends that as a possible substitute!
Here are the ingredients that you will need for this recipe:
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 orange pepper, cut into strips
- 4 cups tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 tub (270 g) Philadelphia Herb & Garlic Cooking Creme
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- Substitute 2 cups small broccoli florets for the peppers and spinach, adding the broccoli to the cooking water for the last 2 min. of the pasta cooking time.
Here is how Kraft Foods / Kraft Canada suggests you bring it all together:
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 min. or until done. Stir in peppers and spinach; cook 2 min., stirring frequently. Add Cooking Creme; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until heated through.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Gradually add reserved water to sauce mixture until desired consistency is reached. Add pasta; mix lightly. Top with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
This was a very easy recipe and I loved the added crunch and flavor that the toasted pine nuts added. I am sure that we will be adding this to our regular recipe rotation.
Give this recipe a try when you need a mix up your regular weeknight chicken dish.
Bon appetite & enjoy!