Monday, November 12, 2012

Simple Pepper Slicing Practice

I love learning new techniques and tricks to improve my cooking skills (and of course to speed up certain tasks in the kitchen). One of the tasks in the kitchen that I find is tedious, but I do enjoy, is cutting/chopping/dicing/slicing vegetables.

The other day I was watching the Food Network when I heard that the host would be showing a great tip on how to quickly chop up a green pepper - so of course I was intrigued and my eyes were glued to the screen. And of course it was a great tip!

Here are the steps:

1. Cut the 'top' and 'bottom' off of your green pepper
2. Stand the pepper on one end and cut the pepper down one side







 

3. Slide the knife along the inside of the pepper to remove the seeds and core









4. Cut the pepper in half or smaller more manageable sections
5. Cut pepper into julienne slices and then cut bunches of julienne slices (dice)










I also found this handy YouTube video of the whole process as well (as soon as I finished typing up my notes of course!).

If you are not already preparing your green peppers this way I suggest you give it a try - it works every time!

Bon appetite and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment