Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Homestyle Chicken & Rice Soup

Over the past few months I have been trying out various soup and stew recipes. One that I have been keen to try to a chicken soup. So the other week I was looking through our cupboards and trying to decide what to make for supper. I noticed that we had lots of rice and chicken and decided that I would finally try to make my own chicken soup (with rice!).

I needed a recipe fast so I went straight to the Ben's website and looked for a chicken and rice soup recipe - and luckily they had one. I quickly scanned through the recipe and confirmed that I would be able to make this dish (looking back I wish I would have looked a little closer at how much the recipe would make - Steve and I ended up eating the leftovers for days!).

To view all of the ingredients for the recipe and how to bring it all together, visit the Uncle Ben's website and if the recipe does not instantly come up just search for 'Homestyle Chicken & Rice Soup'.

The soup was great when I ate it right away; however, when I came back to it a little while later to put the leftovers in the fridge I noticed that all of the broth was gone and I basically just had rice with chicken and vegetables (and lots of it!). So to counteract this, anytime Steve and I wanted to eat some of the leftovers we would just add a little bit of water and chicken broth and turn it back into soup.

I'll need to find another recipe (or some kitchen tricks) to help make a soup with rice in it better for the next time. If you have suggestions on how to avoid this kitchen flaw please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. A great idea for rice! After these holidays it's the basic product of my diet.
    And here's an idea for those who don't count calories:
    choco-cheese-cake
    By the way, I followed you up with GFC, it'd be great if you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete